Sunday, November 18, 2012

C4T #4

Student riding dump truck down slope
For this C4T I was assigned to Teacher Tom. His blog posts are very interesting and you can relate to the things he talks about. The post I read is titled Trusting Their Judgement. In this post he talks about how he had this one student who was eager to sit on his toy dump truck and ride down a small hill. All Tom could think about was the harm that could be done to the student, but the student reassured him nothing bad would happen. So he let the student ride down the slope and told him to go ahead and if he gets hurt he will be there to pick him up. So the student rides down the hill and receives no injuries.

My comment to his post was "Your post was great and was very informative for future educators. As a future educator I believe I would have reacted the same way thinking of all the bad things that could possibly happen. Children are always eager to do the opposite of what you tell them, because they have their own judgement of the task at hand. I agree with your title we need to trust our students judgement. I really enjoyed reading this post!!"

1 comment: