Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blog Post #8

This is How We Dream

the two videos created by Dr. Richard Miller
In part one of the This is How We Dream, Dr. Richard E. Miller talks about how the society is changing and that we are a more technology based. He says that more people carry around laptops than they do pencils and paper. He makes a great point when he says that you search the web for a research paper and you are able to access so much more information than you would at a single library. Dr. Miller talks about how you can use to the web to interact with multiple people, which made me think of Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir.

In the second part of the video, Dr. Miller starts off by saying that we live in a digital environment and how everything is always being updated. He talks about how lectures from college professors are now available on iTunes U. A great point Dr. Miller made was that people need to share their ideas with the world.

After viewing this video I began to think and I have not been in a library in a while, because now I can purchase an eBook which is more convenient for me. I even purchase my school textbooks online, which is easier because it is less I have to carry around. When he mentioned that you can post something to the web faster than you can write and publish something, YouTube popped to my head. When using YouTube, you can have a video posted within seconds or minutes. This blog post was great!

Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12 

Carly did a great job with this assignment. This is definitely a great and creative idea. Her assignment is for each student to make their own playlist based on 5 of the 10 topics that are given. This assignment is great way for your students to get more familiarized with the internet. This is a really good assignment and this would allow educators to be reminded of why they have chosen this profession and ways of how to be a good teacher.

The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies 

The Chipper Series is about a student named Chipper who has her own views on education. Chipper is a procrastinator who blames the teacher for her late assignments. She decides to drop out of school and start her own. When that option does not work out, she becomes a teacher for a few days and gets fired. At the end, Chipper gets her priorities straight and figures out the best way to succeed in life is with a degree and the proper education.

EDM310 for dummies book
In the EDM 310 for Dummies, it starts out with two girls who are so frustrated with EDM 310 assignments. They buy a book titled EDM 310 for Dummies and after reading it, the assignments become easier for the students. I think most people can relate to the video EDM 310 for Dummies. I know when I first start using a new program, I get frustrated, but when I learn how to use the program it is so useful and saves time.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn 

In this video, it starts off by saying education ranked 55 out of 55 below coal mining. It goes on talking about how more students are involved in text messaging, Facebook, and twitter, and it is banned from schools. These educators talk about how we should incorporate Facebook and twitter into educational settings. These educators are encouraging educators to use technology in the classroom. I agree with these educators, we as teachers need to get our students on the right level with technology in today’s society.

 Scavenger Hunt 2.0 

This is really a great and creative activity created by Justin Cometti. I did not know how many websites that exist that are similar to Facebook and Twitter. Also, I have never created a comic strip which was really fun. This activity was very educational for me.

1.A website I found similar to Facebook or Twitter is Edmodo.com. This website is created just for students and teachers so they can interact with each other. The website states “Edmodo provides a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices. “

2.I created my own comic strip at makebeliefscomix.com.
 Ashley Snow`s comic strip about
3.I also created a poll on polleverywhere.com

What`s your favorite sport poll.

4 comments:

  1. Well done. I will have to enlarge the comic strip to read it, but I am really glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, I'm commenting on your post this week because the person I was assigned to didn't have one. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I liked how you said "This is How We Dream" reminded you of the virtual choir. It's crazy the connections we can make over the internet. I'm glad you did the comic strip it was actually really fun. I didn't see anything wrong in your post. It was nice to read and comment on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley,
    I am also commenting because my assigned person did not have a post. I really enjoyed really enjoyed reading your blog post. Yourself and I had some of the same points in our posts. We both agreed that the video had a valid point when saying that that more research can be found on the Internet then can be found in a single library. Keep up the good work!
    Kayla Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I thought it was thorough, and covered the material very well. I completely agree with you that you can find more on the web than in a library. I did not find any grammar errors and thought it was well written. I also agree with you on the fact that she had a creative idea and I enjoyed reading her post. I also loved your comic strip, I thought it was great. Keep up the

    ReplyDelete